- UKAS have recommended to renew accreditation for ISO 17025 for the new four year cycle
- Spectrum Odourlab complete their first odour impact assessment in United Arab Emirates
- Well done Wardell Armstrong air quality consultants. You all passed odour acuity training.
Environmental Sales & Business Development Manager
We are a leading accredited Air Quality & Environmental Consultancy based in the West Midlands.
We are growing and are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales & Business Development Manager to proactively drive the growth of the Company’s Environmental Services, in air quality monitoring and compliance. This is a homebased position with occational travel to our offices in Worcester.
The role holder will achieve this by building critical relationships with existing clients and prospective customers that will generate sales and continuous income for the business. The appointed candidate will work closely with the Board in the strategic development of the market offerings of the Environmental Services in support of the overall Business Strategy.
As the company offers specialised services, the ideal candidate will have previous sales experience in environmental services and/or environmental consultancy and some knowledge of air quality and emissions monitoring.
They will be personable, flexible and able to adapt to represent the Company in a professional, ethical and competent manner. This is a permanent position based at home with occational travel to our offices in Worcester. You will be required to travel across the UK. We are offering a competitive salary with additional bonus.
- Meeting and where possible exceeding sales targets for Environmental Services
- Preparation of proposals and tenders for Environmental Services together with supporting documentation
- Building and maintaining relationships with both existing and potential clients
- Liaising with clients/contacts, performing site visits and creating Site Reviews and Site-Specific Protocols
- Defining appropriate sampling and analysis methodology (with the support of our technical consultants)
- Management of the sales pipeline for Environmental Services, including generation of monthly and quarterly sales plans
- Customer service as per business/sales strategy
- Attending relevant seminars, exhibitions and conferences
- Maintaining up to date records on CRM and financial systems
- Proven sales experience in environmental services or environmental consultancy, demonstrating an aptitude to grow sales at both existing and new accounts
- A science graduate with strong scientific and technical credentials preferred, however experience will be considered
Some or all of the following are required for this position:
- Solid knowledge of the environmental sector
- Experience in Air Quality regulation, measurement and permitting
- Proven experience of developing sales strategies in accordance with business plans
- Previous management experience would be beneficial
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Location: Home Based, with UK travel
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive with additional bonus
Field Sampling Technicians:
Field Sample Technician required to collect environmental emission samples from various client sites. The role will also involve maintenance of the equipment being used, preparation of sampling reports and chain of custody information, calibration of equipment and liaison with clients. Full training will be provided in all aspects of the role.
The role is suitable for self-motivated people with an aptitude for delivering accuracy, being able to follow procedures and having excellent communication skills.
The skills required include:
- Practical experience in field sampling (desirable but not necessary)
- The ability to pick up new skills accurately and quickly
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to work under pressure and and to deadlines, but without compromising the tasks
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- Full driving licence and passport (essential).
- Occasional Over-night stays (Fully expensed) may be required
- Travel throughout the UK will be required in this role.
Air Spectrum Environmental Limited is an established environmental air quality consultancy with departments which specialise in assessment, analysis and control of atmospheric emissions and general air quality.
This job offers the opportunity to develop skills within environmental consultancy and work with and established expert in this field.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10.00 /hour